Friday, March 11, 2011

Yep, she said it

I haven't had TV in years, but I think I came across something about this particular TV show . . . somewhere.  This interview rather floored me.  Here was my favorite part.

What was the hardest part about your week in Knoxville?

For ABC, I had to say, "I have a check for you." But I also told each person, "I normally give in secret and I give in the name of Jesus. This is from him, not from me." But they cut that part out.

Why would they cut that?

If Christians didn't have such a bad reputation, it wouldn't be a problem.

What do you mean?

We as Christians have not set the right example. The truth is that Christians give to big giant buildings, to churches that cost a hundred million dollars, and we put our pastors on jets to fly them around the world where the money should really be going to those listed in Matthew 25:31-46—the orphan, the widow, the hungry, the cold, the poor, the sick, and the imprisoned. And we have failed to do that.

 Yep, she said it.  Ouch.  Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment